- Training programme like theory classes bedside clinics and clinical discussion are imparted to Under-Graduates from Bangalore Medical College.
- House Surgeons from Bangalore Medical College, Indian Medicine, Unani, Homeopathy and Pharmacy Colleges undergo training at this hospital in both Medical and Surgical Departments regularly.
- Post-Graduates Students are studying in Department of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases of the Hospital- Two DTCD Candidates and One M.D. (TB & CD) seat allotted per year as per O.M.No.
- Post-Graduates Students from the Department of General Surgery and ENT are posted on rotation for one month training in Thoracic Surgery regularly.
Post-Graduates students from Department of Medicine and Paediatrics are posted to the Department of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases on rotation regularly to under go training in Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases.
Mch Students in CTVS (Super Speciality Course) from Sri. Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore are Posted for 2 months to undergo training in Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgeons working at Peripheral Hospital are posted for 1 month to undergo advanced training in management of Chest Injuries and other Thoracic emergencies under the Karnataka Health System Development Project.
- In association with NIMHANS, Bangalore various Research works have been undertaken.
a) Role of Thymectomy in the management of Myaesthenia Gravis (cases of Myaesthenia Gravis are being reffered to this hospital for Thymectomy)
b) Combined approach with Neuro Surgeons for the management of Posterior Mediastinal Tumors with intra-spinal extension producing Neurological defects.
c) A methodological approach to the measurement of disability adjusted life years in patients suffering from TB (study under taken by Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS) d) A comparative study to access the restriction fragment length Polymorphism DNA pattern in Myco TB isolated from CSF of TB meningitis cases and those isolated from sputum of Pulmonary Tuberculosis cases.
Nursing students are posted to this hospital for undergoing training at this hospital in the Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery.